Canalside, Buffalo, NY
NY State Erie County Development Council (NYSEDC) embarked on a plan to revitalize the Canalside Buffalo recreation park in preparation for the 150th Anniversary of the Erie Canal and the terminus that was an engine for the American industrial revolution. CMI was chosen as part of the team to develop wayfinding and interpretive historical elements for the park’s visitors.
In collaboration with Entro Communications Inc., CMI designed interpretive signage throughout Canalside. The signage program educates and enlightens visitors on the historical significance of and the role the Erie Canal terminus played in both Buffalo and United States history.
- Creativity of Solutions
- Aesthetic Quality
- Ability to Design within Context of the Anticipated Services
- Relevance of Past Projects
- Ability to Adequately Staff Projects
- Ability to Design to a Budget
- Ability to Work in a Collaborative Environment with both Parks Professionals and other Design Consultants